Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Syracuse, New York, USA

Getting all set to head out to Syracuse.
(Below) I am going to stop saying "Smile" for the camera because she makes this awful face when I do but I still have to show it off.

(Below) Here we crossed the border and there was no "Welcome to New York" sign so we posed at the Bridge Authority sign - I know BORING!!

Not sure if you notice but I have now lost 15 lbs - I am 4 lbs away from reaching my 140 goal! I can't believe how much work it has been but well worth, that shirt was so tight across the chest I could barely get it done up now its LOOSE!! Yippee I weigh 4 pounds less than my wedding day. I am so proud of myself.


Here is a picture of our suite. We stayed at Cresthill Suites in East Syracuse, most amazing hotel. Small and quaint with a heated outdoor pool which Madi LOVED!! I swim mommy, I swim (with water wings but she was all by herself) We booked a 1 bedroom but ended getting a 2 bedroom the guy at the desk loves CANADIANS, he even sung the national anthem to Randy when he checked in. He said to call him next time we go down and give his name to our friends (Leo) and he will give us Canadians a deal which we got a 2 bedroom for a 1 bedroom night but he said he could give a us a better deal next time. We booked there again it was a great hotel.


Above - View in to Madi's room and kitchen/eating area
Below - Livingroom which looked out into the courtyard with the pool


Below - Madi's HUGE Room with her own bathroom and everything. Our room had a king size bed and huge walk in closet and bathroom. It was so nice and clean.


Besides all the shopping we did our purpose was to take Madi to the Zoo, which we finally got to on Sunday morning. Its a small zoo, very reasonably priced to get in and food and not to overwhelming for her age to walk around and see the animals.

There we are waiting to go in. I look like I should be in a safari!

Pink Flamingos and not the plastic kind.

The Elephant which Madi liked but her favorite was the penguins because she could get up close to the window and they would come right in front of her and she could see under the water but we forgot to get a picture of it.


The other Elephant with its painted face.

The American Bald Eagle

The Siberian Tiger, Hot Chick and chickadee.


That's it from our Zoo visit, see you soon.

No comments: