Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Maple in the County - Picton ON

This was the second year we participated in "Maple in the County"


Local farmers and families open their homes/businesses for 1 weekend for families to visit for pancake breakfast, selling maple syrup/candies, and visiting their farms. This farm we visited last year but this time there were chickens all over the Madison absolutely LOVED!!


We were here probably for 2 hours petting and playing. I enjoyed just as much as Madi did.



Awwwwwwww Chickens!


Madi kept saying "Mommy look chickens" over and over.


I think she wanted to bring one home.


Here is a chicken hiding in a pile of hay. I was worried someone was going to step on her.

Below - Chicken from the group "Salt N Peppa!"




Pregnant Sows! Too big Too tired to move - the piglets were due any day



Ahhh finally touching a chicken



This big bird I would have taken home. She had quite the personality and very friendly, which you will see later.



baby nursing from mommy!



Madi not sure if she should touch but wanted to hug it!












Below - If you look to the left of me, there is that friendly chicken again - she really liked to be petted and when you stopped guess what she did?


That's right, she jumped on me, to get my attention!



Startled me and Madi!


It was funny! Glad we caught it on film!



And I would like you to know - she was a HEAVY chicken. We had green curry chicken for dinner - for some reason I felt like chicken for dinner all day????









Here we are petting her after she jumped off me. She liked the attention.




Daddy teaching Madi how to stop a chicken and pet her except she grabbed it by its throat and we thought "oh no she is gonna choke the chicken" so we had to remove her tight grip from the neck!




More baby lambs!



The cutest and friendly cow.











Playing on the sand hill.










It was a great morning and I am sure this will be a yearly tradition.

No comments: