This trip was to show the girls my home town! Wow, I had so much fun re-discovering my hometown that I didn't realize how much I missed home.
We started with a visit to the Science and Technology Museum. Its not a big museum but its a great museum for kids. We accidentally happened to come on a day they were giving rides on this restore train. It was neat to see the inside and they drove it about 1000 feet and then went back (in reverse).
They let the girls go in the engine was was real SMELLY!!
Madi was a little reluctant but if Mommy went she decided to follow.
Can you tell Madi wasn't thrilled!!
Below - Here we are waiting for the Vandergraff Ball Demonstration. I always went to get up on stage and try it but never did however the girls got a turn. Jill was absolutely thrilled and her hair worked awesome!
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!!!
Dani's turn to SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE


I think Madi spent most of her time in this play car.

Going my way, Girls??
The crazy kitchen - this of coursed made me nauseas but the girls loved it.

Madi's first time at the water fountain!

The train area. Another smelly room.
Parliament hill with a tour of Centre Block - In all my years of living in Ottawa (28) I had never been in centre block. I still haven't gone up the peace tower but we had to catch a boat for a cruise - Next time!
That circular building is the library in the back of the building. This is the only original part of centre block due to the fire. We actually got to tour the library (it isn't always open for tours) and what a beautiful and amazing room however you weren't allowed to take pictures. One of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen.
The view behind parliament building over looking the Ottawa River onto Gatineau Quebec.
Some monuments behind the buildings.


The girls hung out and watched the horses getting ready for a long time!! I think Jill took about 75 pictures of the horses. Girls and horses!!
Ahh they make me so happy!!
Life is good!!

We are all happy and having fun...until a little later.......when some accident happens and ruins the day for everyone


The tour inside the parliament buildings


Below - the senate where Madi tooted for everyone to hear and chipped her tooth (which I didn't notice until later but I did notice she hit her mouth on the brass barriers!)


The view of the peace tower from the Rideau Canal

Now you see the sad faces!! Well just after the photos above were taken Madi accidentally pushed Jill's camera into the rideau river. WELL talk about an emotional day after this. I think all 3 girls were crying. We all felt horrible and I dont want to relive it but everyone is happy now Jill has a new camera! Not a good ending to our visit.


The girls hung out and watched the horses getting ready for a long time!! I think Jill took about 75 pictures of the horses. Girls and horses!!
Ahh they make me so happy!!
Life is good!!
We are all happy and having fun...until a little later.......when some accident happens and ruins the day for everyone

The tour inside the parliament buildings

Below - the senate where Madi tooted for everyone to hear and chipped her tooth (which I didn't notice until later but I did notice she hit her mouth on the brass barriers!)


The view of the peace tower from the Rideau Canal
Now you see the sad faces!! Well just after the photos above were taken Madi accidentally pushed Jill's camera into the rideau river. WELL talk about an emotional day after this. I think all 3 girls were crying. We all felt horrible and I dont want to relive it but everyone is happy now Jill has a new camera! Not a good ending to our visit.






No comments:
Post a Comment