Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Cake

I just had to show off my work of art - this is my first cake EVER (that was a design). Madi's 2nd Birthday party theme is Ladybug (Madibug) and I have been working on the plans and details now for over a month - I know a little obsessive compulsive (I have waited my whole life to be a mother and put on a party for my child and darn it I am going to go over board).
Here is the first stage of the cake and I asked what he thought (Why did I even bother) he said "It looks kinda gross!"

It was a lot work getting the icing to black and red and thank goodness Randy was there to stir (stupid me forgot to use the hand blender of course my friend Roxanne - cake maker - thought tha was pretty funny - I know NOW!!)
My arms hurt, Randy's arms hurt! But it was WORTH it.


My first CAKE!! Now it isn't completely done yet, there is still a slab cake to go underneath with grass but you will just have to tune in for her birthday photos to see the complete cake! I LOVE BEING A MOM!!


Not bad for my first cake and look at Baxter eye balling it. If I could put a thinking bubbles like in cartoons it would say "Please drop it, PLEASE!!"



Tadaa!! Madibug's cake.
Thanks for visiting.




No comments: