Monday, September 29, 2008

Stirling Horse Show

Thanks to Elizabeth (a woman I work with) for giving us the information about this horse show in Stirling. Jill being a HORSE FANTATIC was very excited to get going.



I took this picture because the girl seemed to be serious in thought! She was up next to compete.


Randy and the girls loved this horse (below)




Below - I love this picture of the horse in mid-air. Great shot.











Randy got a new lense for his camera so this was an opportunity to try it out. It was cold in the morning but it sure warmed up when we were leaving (too bad for us).


Elizabeth's parents were there photographing a horse and girl and the girl who was as sweet as pie gave us a "behind the scenes" tour which was great, it seemed to get Madi out of her grumpy mood. As soon as I asked her if she wanted to go see the barn, she stopped her crying, clingy ways!! She gave us a tour of the field to visit her "old" pony before she moved up to her bigger horse that really liked her homemade cookies. Madi got to the feed the horse one, she thought that was pretty funny and ticklish on her hand.


The girl in the riding pants and black hoodie was our tour operator.


The funniest was when this horse was walking towards Elizabeth's mom- I never saw anyone so nervous around these horses - it was quite cute.


Elizabeth is in the red sweater and of course Jill is right up there next to the horse petting

The pony is on the left that use to belong to the girl. (sorry I dont know her name)



Below - here we are walking back from the back field and Mr. Kayleb was determined to get a hold of Madi's hand. He was so funny and so much more friendly that Madi - she is so shy but she finally came around at the end.



Kayleb is 1 month younger than Madi?? I think she is a little tall for her age - No worries there are no immediate plans in the future for these to date. I have to first check Kayleb's financial portfolio before she is allowed on any dates.


They are so cute!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day out at the dressage. I find that the riders are far too serious in 'show' mode. Did they seem to take care of the horses because often they train very strictly with them?