Thursday, March 11, 2010

Winterlude Part Deux - Gatineau PQ

The following photos were from Day 1 of our visit to Winterlude - these slides are located in Cartier Park, in Gatineau Quebec. Next door to the museum of civilization. That will be a trip for next time. We spent a good 4 hours at this stop. (The Ice Sculptures were Day 2 of the trip). I hope you enjoy the photos, there are lots this time.







Here we are going down the wide slide for many passengers. It was the first one we came upon when arriving. We tried as many as possible but we did run out of time to try all the activities that were there.





Group shot of all us going down (minus Daddy)





For a change there are lots of Mommy in the photos instead of Daddy. He was at the bottom of the hills while I took them all up and waited in the very long line ups. They were long but went fast.

















Parliament Buildings from Gatineau















































































Jadon is quite the kid. Before we left to the hill he asked how long it took to get there from his house. I told him 5 minutes (not thinking he would hold me to it) and I have never been to this park (Cartier Park) but kind of had an idea where it was, well with all the bridges to get there, I got of got turned around (I won't say lost) and had to get across and then find parking and of course Jadon had to point out that it wasn't five minutes (the little shit he is soooo my sister's son!!). I should have known better and said 15 minutes and then we would have been earlier than expected!!





All of his hand motions had me laughing. At least I know he was enjoying himself and we were glad to have him join us. I think this was his first trip to the Ice Slides.

















Jadon started the hands up in the air so Madi and the rest of us followed suit!







I have to say if you haven't been to Gatineau to experience these slides it well worth the trip. We had a great day and what a way to tire out the kids. (Okay maybe the parents!!) We also all enjoyed Beavertails - Winterlude tradition.











Here is Jadon taking his turn.











I think he was having a great time!!





Jill's turn









Well the pictures coming up are quite hilarious but let me tell you first that my heart was racing - Letting my little girl go down the very fast hills without me with her was very difficult but once I knew she was fine, I was laughing pretty hard. The next photos crack me up! It's Madi's version of the Skeleton race. One day you might see her at the Olympics.













Mommy's turn!!





1 comment:

Leah said...

Jadon had tons of fun!