Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wellington Pumpkinfest

The Wellington Pumpkinfest is one of our family traditions during the Halloween Season. I think this was our 5th year and by far the best weather we have ever had. We came prepared this time with Hot Chocolate and of course we didn't need it like previous years.

Here we are waiting for the Parade - We just made it. We got stuck on the way in behind the parade lining up so we rushed to get a spot, seeing the parade in the reverse of course (no surprised when it finally came down the road).

Here we are gathering around the center of our universe, Miss Madi and Jill proudly hanging on to the hot chocolate like it was a trophy.

Below - Sparky the parade marshall to start things off. We got to see him before the parade started and he came over to visit Madi and of course she put her head down because she was shy!

This parade is a parade to show up the biggest pumpkins and the local town cars!! Talk about a country parade. This parade has grown so much over the years and this by far was the best, they went to a lot more effort decorating the floats which was a nice surprise.

The girls favorite part is collecting all the halloween candy that gets thrown from the floats. (not like they aren't going to go trick or treating soon)


Madi checking out the floats.



Madi's favorite I think was this big inflatable pumpkin.

Below - this OLD tractor was so loud and sounding like it was back firing the whole time. I guess thats the noise they use to make - can't believe it still runs the way it sounds.


Below - This is the horseless Carriage (thats what the sign said)




HUGE PUMPKINS



The winner of the pumpkin weigh off was a farmer from Quebec and it weight 1343 lbs.






This is our favorite fall fest because it is always so kid friendly (nothing scary for the little ones).


Below - The brown pup was a CNIB dog in training - he was so cute but walked so fast I couldn't get a picture of his face.

Below - This dog was absolutely beautiful and before the parade started and we saw it in reverse he was sitting in the scooter between his owners leg getting a ride. It was so cute.

Bel0w - Madi enjoying herself as her sister caught a halloween candy (rockets) and was having a grand ol' time eating them before lunch.

The "candy" smile





Below - I think this was the winner because he had Quebec plates and the only one I noticed with plates and of course I didn't know the winner until the Monday morning.
Below - I hope the convertible dosn't get a dent from the weight.


This huge pumking was carved and a dry ice machine in with a witch (you can't see) stirring her pumpkin cauldron.






The Dukes of Hazard car including the horn noise which was very funny.





A matching trailer with this old car - too cool

The park after the parade







Below - Where's Waldo? (okay Randy)
He really wanted a coffee, waited for 10 minuted then gave up. How long does it take to pour a cup of coffee?
Driving the playground


This water area was just down from the play area - what a beautiful spot.


Didn't want anymore photos taken.




Playing with Jill - I did not cut off Jill's head, she stood up as I clicked the camera.

Again she moved


Look at the beautiful blue sky we had.



The rainbow bridge Madi had to cross.

The hugest Watermelon I had ever seen. This was at the weigh in for the pumpkins - Boy did I want a piece.


See Ya - Madi's Peeps

No comments: