Wow, seems like forever since I have posted.
We took the girls on a sleigh ride (with Jingle Bells and all) pulled by Belgian horses here in our area - 5 minute drive to take a 30 minute sleigh ride in the snow. We haven't had a lot of snow but it was the first time the farmers put their rails on the sleigh. It was a beautiful day and the sun on our faces was an added bonus.
This was a great ride. There was only us on it and we asked tons of questions to the driver and he was so personable and great to answer all of them.

This is the "The Farm Shoppe" on Wallbridge Loyalist Road. They currently have just over 20 Belgian horses. They are starting to go back to the basics and have "rented" their land to folks/farmers to plant "organic" gardens for them and it will all be plouged and worked by the horses and no chemicals.
Here they are preparing the horses - getting them hooked up for our ride.

Here they are going down to the front field where there is less ice. It was quite neat to see them (as huge as they are) sliding on the ice with the sleigh to get to the field for us to get on.

Here they are in the front field waiting for passengers to load (that would be us).
Of course I am not in the photo, I am the one holding the camera (as normal)
Below - A view from the sleigh
Below - is a photo of the area taken from the top of the hill.
The end of the trip the girls got to go up and see them since there was nobody waiting to get on next.

Madi was so exhausted from the fresh air - she fell somewhat asleep sitting up (but my talking and getting the camera woke her up - lasted about 4 minutes of quietness!)
During the week before Christmas I was off and I took her to family space. She goes there often with the sitter so I decided to take her so she could show me around!!








No comments:
Post a Comment