Oh My - the magnitude of what I have signed up to do with the CN tower is really hitting me hard. Hitting up people for donations (at the worst possible time with the disaster of Haiti) is not fun and I want to do them all proud by succeeding! Will I succeed - I better because there is no going back!
I have been exercising since Mid December (for myself) and have stepped it up since singing up for this fun and exciting challenge. I now do 48 minutes of interval running on hills about 6 times a week and I try to add in 25 minutes of other exercising - Yoga, Abs, Lower body, Whole Body and Cardio. I have also started to add in step-ups! First time I did 3 reps of 50 - on a step stool about 24" off the ground! That was fun and what a work out. I have also started doing stairs at work with a coworker Mon/Wed/Fri. My first attempt we did 1184 steps in 32 minutes - not bad and we will keep pushing our selves! I only have 87 days left to get into shape.
I am looking forward to posting pictures of Joania and myself at the top of the tower!
My family will be accompanying me on the day of the adventure and I will be lucky to have them congratulate me at the top! All the girls and my husband will be there to cheer me up and the girls even took their allowance money and sponsored me! How nice was that! I can't disappoint them now!
GO TEAM JOANIA!!!
Goal - Under 1 hour to complete 1776 stairs!
Thanks for reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Don't worry about hitting up people for donations. Maybe some will donate as we get "tired" of Haiti being in the news...
It's doesn't really matter how much you fundraised. The point is that you did put in your time and effort to raise some money for a charitable reason.
I'd keep going, if I were you. You kinda have to now that your family has financially sponsored you and decided to cheer you on upon your arrival on the final step at the CN tower (and to catch you if you faint once you realize just how high off the ground you are).
Soooooooooooo how much are you pledging?? Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
Post a Comment