Friday, January 15, 2010

Sponsor My Canada Life CN Tower Climb and support WWF-Canada

Sponsor My Canada Life CN Tower Climb and support WWF-Canada

1776 Steps - 144 Flights of stairs

How long does it take?
About 30-40 minutes - My goal under an hour - Hey I'm not 20 anymore!!

Why Climb?
I have many personal reasons - First I was inspired by an old friend "Joania Burnett" www.joaniajourney.blogspot.com on her trek to change her life forever - read all about it on her blog.

Second, Inspire my children to give back (which they are great at but it doesn't hurt to keep living it)

and we love Animals in our home and like this foundation

When you tackle the CN Tower climb, you are also helping WWF-Canada tackle the biggest environmental issue of our time – climate change.

What's causing this climate chaos? Primarily, carbon dioxide emitted by the burning of fossil fuels to produce electricity and run vehicles. Carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases build up in our atmosphere, where they blanket the earth and trap in heat.
When you climb the CN Tower or sponsor a climber, your support will help WWF:

Protect fragile ecosystems
Educate for real change
Ensure industry plays its part
Influence government on behalf of all Canadians
Help nature survive some inevitable warming

Thank you for reading and hopefully pledging

PS - If you don't live close by and do not see me on a daily basis you can still pledge on-line directly through your credit card - Watch my goal meter go up up and up!!!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey, I just checked out your blog. It looks good! Lotsa pictures too.

I also glanced over your bucket list. I think you should do two of them at the same time - do something charitable that involves you working out and do something scary. You can do both at the CN tower. Climb up the stairs and then - get ready - step onto the glass floor or onto the two observation decks to admire the views of the greater Toronto area and Lake Ontario.

Shannon said...

I will have to think about that - I was thinking of maybe going down a really high waterslide!! At least some thing "FUN"

Jonathan said...

Oh, I know just the right really high waterslide!

It's indoors too! So you can go there in the middle of the winter. It's in the West Edmonton Mall! It was pretty darn high and steep. I went there two summers ago. Since then, I've always wondered what it's like to go the WEM's waterpark in the midst of its typically cold winter!

There's an outdoor one that I've been on. It's at the Magic Mountain in Moncton, NB. I was there during the time I was enrolled in a French immersion camp program for 5 weeks.