Hello Everyone! Wow is 2010 already - where did 2009 go?

So I have made a goal for 2010 with the great support of my husband - I am doing this to support an inspirational woman and cause.
I had a best friend in grade 7/8 when I went to School at St. Joseph's in Ottawa - Back then her name to me was "brainy" but her name is Joania. She has been embarking on a life changing lifestyle to change her weight (which she openly blogs about and even got a TV commercial - SWEET) which she has battled her entire life. She gives all her reasons and not just vanity reasons she does it for her son, her husband, her mother she lost to early in life. She wants to be healthy. I have read and followed her blog for the past year - she is now in year two of her lifestyle change and has lost an enormous amount of weight (kudos to her).
For her 2010 goal she has signed up to participate in CN tower Climb the stairs for WWF (World Wildlife Fund) and the more I read and thought about it, I thought that would be fun and so rewarding. In discussion with my husband he said to go for it so I am. We have been exercising together (not for long but since December) and I have now stepped it up a bit in order to keep up with Joania (I know she is gonna kick my butt).
How is this rewarding you ask? Well I fundraise for WWF as I try and walk the 1776 stepts!!
Why am I blogging about it - well one to get the word out and for hopeful some people to support me and sponsor me in this challenge.
How can you sponsor - well here's how
If you would like to sponsor me for this event, go to
http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=800706
pledge me today!!
It is a secure sight and you can donate directly through the site and help me reach my goal!
I will be using this blog (why create another it will still contain my life with Madison as well) to keep you posted on my workouts and how my strengthening is coming along.
You can pledge as much or as little - let's see my name in the top 10 people!!
My second reason (I forgot that part) is to be a good role model for my children. My step-daughters already support a lot of animal charities and I thought it was time I do something as well and teach them to be healthy! Learn by example. We are hoping to bring them along on the day of the climb APRIL 17, 2010 and anyone else is welcome to join and support me in this endeavor!!
Thanks for visiting and don't forget to pledge!
GO TEAM JOANIA!!!!

I had a best friend in grade 7/8 when I went to School at St. Joseph's in Ottawa - Back then her name to me was "brainy" but her name is Joania. She has been embarking on a life changing lifestyle to change her weight (which she openly blogs about and even got a TV commercial - SWEET) which she has battled her entire life. She gives all her reasons and not just vanity reasons she does it for her son, her husband, her mother she lost to early in life. She wants to be healthy. I have read and followed her blog for the past year - she is now in year two of her lifestyle change and has lost an enormous amount of weight (kudos to her).
For her 2010 goal she has signed up to participate in CN tower Climb the stairs for WWF (World Wildlife Fund) and the more I read and thought about it, I thought that would be fun and so rewarding. In discussion with my husband he said to go for it so I am. We have been exercising together (not for long but since December) and I have now stepped it up a bit in order to keep up with Joania (I know she is gonna kick my butt).
How is this rewarding you ask? Well I fundraise for WWF as I try and walk the 1776 stepts!!
Why am I blogging about it - well one to get the word out and for hopeful some people to support me and sponsor me in this challenge.
How can you sponsor - well here's how
If you would like to sponsor me for this event, go to
http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=800706
pledge me today!!
It is a secure sight and you can donate directly through the site and help me reach my goal!
I will be using this blog (why create another it will still contain my life with Madison as well) to keep you posted on my workouts and how my strengthening is coming along.
You can pledge as much or as little - let's see my name in the top 10 people!!
My second reason (I forgot that part) is to be a good role model for my children. My step-daughters already support a lot of animal charities and I thought it was time I do something as well and teach them to be healthy! Learn by example. We are hoping to bring them along on the day of the climb APRIL 17, 2010 and anyone else is welcome to join and support me in this endeavor!!
Thanks for visiting and don't forget to pledge!
GO TEAM JOANIA!!!!



1 comment:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you decided to do this and just the thought of seeing you face to face again after ALL THESE YEARS has got me so excited!!! Can't wait!! You rock!! LOVE YA
Oh. and since you dimed me out with the grade7/8 nickname!! All I have to say is that I can't wait to see you, my little "Vacation Brain"!! :)
Post a Comment